happy scraps happy life header

Monday, February 9, 2009

Blah Monday

So... what do you think? I've got myself a pretty new blog! Not sure if I'll end up updating it or not, but at least it's nice to look at, haha!

My day today started out as a typical Monday, with Avalynne waking up 3 times since 12:30 am! She NEVER does that. I think she's finally feeling the effects of her 1 year immunizations. The nurse told us that it can take 10-30 days to react to the MMR & Chicken Pox vaccines, so that puts us right about now. And she's been moody & warmer than usual, so that's probably what it is. I'm just not used to it anymore! I can't even fathom how I managed to get up 5 times a night when she was a newborn. So I'm tired today!

We had a slow day though, so its all right! Ava had a good morning nap (2.5 hours), and a short afternoon nap, and was generally happy through-out the day. Right now she's standing (by herself), holding onto a huge bucket with her face in it, and babbling away, haha! She does a lot of that lately (the babbling I mean, but also the standing by herself). She's a lot more confident lately... like she FINALLY realized that she CAN stand without holding onto the couch! She's also walking now! It's a bit stiff legged, but she's doing really well. She can walk the entire length of the house, and even step up/down over the ledge between the living room & kitchen without falling!

We just finished supper, which was really yummy! I really wanted chicken strips, but we didn't have any, so I made some from scratch using a ranch italian chicken strip recipe I found on allrecipes.com. We'll definately be making it again! Now that the kitchen is all cleaned up, we can sit back & relax... put Ava to bed and watch another few episodes of The Office (we are totally addicted to it!)!!

No comments: