happy scraps happy life header

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Some Days I Wonder...

Some days I really hate living in a small town! Okay, thats most days, but ESPECIALLY on shopping days!

I get the flyers on Fridays, and sales start Saturday. I faithfully sit down, browse the flyers and make out my list for each of the 3 stores. I even write down the prices on my list because half the time the item rings up at its usual overpriced price, not the sale price. Then I have the sale price handy so they can adjust at the till. Super annoying, but hey... life in a small town.

Okay, so today I went shopping and I had 13 items on my list. I stopped at the first store, which is ready to go out of business, so the shelves are pretty much bare, the produce is wilty & moldy, but I lucked out. The apples that were on sale were in stock AND looked good. So I bought a bag! BUT they didn't have the other item on my list, but no biggie. At least they had 50% of the items on my list :).

Store #2. I had 5 items on my list. Pork kabobs, creamo, coffee, and a couple of not good for me things that I won't mention (cough, cheesecake and Hershey's Hugs, cough cough). But as per USUAL, they didn't have most everything. No kabobs, no cheesecake, no Hugs. They didn't even STOCK them. Nice. Okay, so they had only 20% of the stuff on my list. I'm annoyed.

Store #3. I also had 5 items here. Honey, jam, pork chops, apples, and applesauce. They only carried 1 thing. Porkchops... which I should mention had a 1 inch layer of FAT surrounding it. Yum. Sorry, not paying for fat, thankyouverymuch! Now I'm REALLY annoyed and making snarky comments in the store to my mom who was with me.

So after almost an hour of shopping, I came home with 1 bag of groceries. In my bag were 3 (yes, count them, 1-2-3) items from my 13 item shopping list. Nice. I got coffee, creamo and apples. Anybody care to tell me what I can make for supper with that? Hmmm... I could maybe eat an APPLE, and have a cup of COFFEE with CREAM in it. Woot! Don't think Brad will be impressed with supper tonight :).

I really hate shopping for groceries here. Like I mentioned, half the time stuff doesn't ring up at the sale price, so I have to look over EVERY receipt when I get home. If its on sale, a) they are sold out by Saturday because they didn't bring enough in, b) they don't carry it or c) they slap a freaking sign on the really good sales with "WITH FAMILY PURCHASE", meaning you have to spend $25 before you can get the sale item!!! It doesn't say that in the flyer, its something the particular managers put on there because they are greedy and stupid!

Sheesh. Then people ask me why I'd travel to Saskatoon for groceries! Hmmmmmm. Because I can GET groceries in Saskatoon?? Maybe??

1 comment:

StaZ said...

My DH is from a small town and so I totally get your frustration! I hope your next trip is better!